Update: The suspect’s bail was increased to $1,000,000.
Goleta, Calif. – Sunday night, 2/9/2020, Sheriff’s Deputies arrested 39-year-old Eric Mauricio Ramirez Aguilar of Goleta for his connection to a hit-and-run that left two people dead. He was booked into Santa Barbara County Jail with a bail of $100,000. Below is a list of his charges:
- 2 counts 191.5(A) PC- Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated (felony)
- 1 count 23153 VC- DUI Causing Injury (felony)
- 1 count 20001(A) VC- Hit and Run Causing Death/Injury (felony)
- 1 count 20001(C) VC- Flee the Scene of a Crime After Commission of Vehicular Manslaughter (felony)
- 1 count 23558 VC- Enhancement for Bodily Injury or Death of More Than One Victim While DUI (felony)
- 1 count 23152(A)VC- DUI Alcohol (misdemeanor)