Welcome to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office Online Reporting System.
To use this online reporting system, the incident must have occurred in the areas covered by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office. In addition to the contract cities (Carpinteria, Goleta, Solvang, and Buellton) and unincorporated areas of the county, our jurisdiction includes County Parks and County buildings.
Upon completion of this process:
- You will receive a tracking number (i.e. T123456) and be able to print a copy of your submission.
- Your incident reported online will be reviewed by SBSO personnel.
- If further investigation on your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Once your report has been approved, an official SBSO report, containing an assigned SBSO report number, will be emailed to you to the email you provided
No. If a crime took place in another county or jurisdiction (The City of Santa Barbara, City of Lompoc, City of Santa Maria, City of Guadalupe or UCSB) please contact that jurisdiction’s law enforcement agency.
- Santa Barbara Police Department – 805-897-2300 or www.sbpd.com
- UC Santa Barbara Police Department – 805-893-3446 or www.police.ucsb.edu
- Lompoc Police Department- 805-736-2341 or www.cityoflompoc.com/police/
- California Highway Patrol – North County 805-593-3333 / South County 805-477-4174 or www.chp.ca.gov/
- Santa Maria Police Department – 805-928-3781 or www.cityofsantamaria.org/city-government/departments/police-services
- Guadalupe Police Department – 805-343-2112 or www.ci.guadalupe.ca.us/index.php/citygovernment/departments/police
Click here to view an example of a police report narrative
Click here to view the Online Reporting brochure for more information
ONLINE REPORTABLE CRIMES AND INCIDENTS
Online reporting is not meant for in-progress incidents. For emergencies call 9-1-1. For urgent matters that require a deputy to respond, call Dispatch at their non-emergency number (805) 683-2724